We've moved discussions to Discord

Two-factor Authentication

Ugurcan Kaya
Chris Oliver   I remember you already made a screencast about this in GoRails. Is there any reason that hold you to add it to Jumpstart?
Chris Oliver
Two-factor would be a great addition. The one thing I would like to improve is to have it a second step. Hatchbox has 2FA, but the Devise gem requires the 2FA code along with email and password, so it's not the best login flow. I'd like to figure out how we can add a before_action that would force a 2FA code (if enabled) after login like Stripe does.
Bijan Rahnema
I favor this request. Hey.com is going all in on 2fa and I personally also use it wherever possible (from a user perspective). I think this approach looks quite interesting and wouldn't require a login code directly: https://coderwall.com/p/qw7hwq/effortless-two-factor-authentication-in-rails
Chris Oliver
Bijan Rahnema This gem looks fantastic. I'll definitely look into using that. I also have a great implementation that will work for 2FA the way I want it after talking to  Taylor Cooney recently. 👍
Chris Oliver
Bijan Rahnema  This gem doesn't seem to have any backup code support :(
Joseph Clarke
Excited to see there is a two factor branch show up the other day :)
Brad Schwarzhoff
Hey Chris Oliver , I noticed the two factor branch as well, and I'm wondering what the forecast (timeframe) is for 2FA in JSP.  I'm building an app for a client using JSP, and they are requesting 2FA, so I'm trying to figure out if I need to use the Devise 2fa gem (or similar) or if this might be ready in JSP in the next month.
Brad Schwarzhoff
For anyone following this, 2FA is now merged into JSP.  Thank you Chris Oliver !
Notifications
You’re not receiving notifications from this thread.