We've moved discussions to Discord

How can i test if an account is subscribed?

I'm trying to add to the test suite, but realised that subscription information is handled by the Pay gem.

So in my fixtures, I have a list of users, accounts etc. But several of my controllers check to see whether the account is subscribed before allowing access.

How can I setup fixtures / controller tests to create a user/account that is `subscribed?` to a plan and has an active subscription?
Chris Oliver
Just create fixtures for the pay_subscriptions and pay_charges tables. 👍
Patrick Misch
It's worth noting for anyone else that finds this that setting the "name" field for pay_subscriptions to "default" is important. I got hung up on this for more than a minute. 
Great, thanks!
Will Read
I ran into an error trying to do this. When I run my tests I get:
Minitest::UnexpectedError: ActiveRecord::Fixture::FixtureError: table "pay_customers" has no columns named "owner".
in pay_customers.yml:
customer_one:
  owner: one (Account)
  processor: stripe
  processor_id: cus_abc123
  default: true
It feels like the Pay::Customer class isn't loaded yet to tell the DB to split the owner into type and ID. Anyone else see this problem?
Will Read
I found this tutorial which led me to make the following additions in test/test_helper.rb:
class ActiveSupport::TestCase
  fixtures :all
  self.set_fixture_class pay_subscriptions: Pay::Subscription
  self.set_fixture_class pay_customers: Pay::Customer
end
This seems to have convinced rails tests to load the right class to know that owner is polymorphic.
Notifications
You’re not receiving notifications from this thread.