We've moved discussions to Discord

Fields::RichText and Fields::DateTime stopped working

Mikael Henriksson
Not sure what went wrong but today I pulled in the changes from jumpstart/master and my rich text and date time fields stopped working in administrate. 

Any ideas what I might have missed?
Chris Oliver
Hey Mikael,

I have been making some tweaks to those files in order to upgrade to Webpacker 6 and Hotwire. Maybe I had broken it temporarily on a recent update or maybe the merge had a conflict somewhere?

I just merged Hotwire this morning and I can confirm that the Trix and Date picker javascript are working in Administrate on the latest. 👍
Mikael Henriksson
Let me try the latest and greatest then, super happy about Hotwire!
Mikael Henriksson
That worked like a charm  Chris Oliver  ! Cheers
Mikael Henriksson
Actually  Chris Oliver , I just checked and the DateTime picker isn't picking up. That lead me to clean the assets and restart everything. Now the RichText field stopped working again. 

I'm pretty sure I am doing something wrong, haven't exactly had a ton of experience with webpacker.

Any idea what might make it come and go like that?
Mikael Henriksson
New Articles - mhenrixon Consulting 2021-01-08 21-49-49.png 41.6 KB
Mikael Henriksson
I do have some warnings and errors in the console:

Error: Invalid value for <svg> attribute width="1rem"
Mikael Henriksson
image.png 289 KB

This seems like a likely culprit. I haven't changed anything except the changes from `jumpstart/master`. That said, I see it works fine here and I suppose you are using the latest changes for this website?
Mikael Henriksson
When all else fails, restart computer! 

Really fascinating that it only started working reliably when I restarted my computer. I hate computers (do love programming though).

Case closed :)
Notifications
You’re not receiving notifications from this thread.