We've moved discussions to Discord

roadmap?

Willard Moore
Is there a plan to add new default 404 pages?

Chris Oliver
Just spent the last hour adding them for ya. 🤓

I went with dynamic 404 and 500 errors. Rails will use itself as the failure app, so you can use erb plus the webpacker compiled JS and CSS on your error pages.

You'll find them in app/views/errors with the matching controller.
Willard Moore
Thanks! I just assumed that was on the roadmap. Is there a list of things for the future anywhere?
I think this has a lot of potential and would love to be a part of it. 

Chris Oliver
I don't have a public roadmap or anything yet.

Right now the main thing has just been rewriting the Stripe integration to support SCA for any EU businesses (and future-proof any businesses in other countries).

Some other roadmap things:
  • Integrations with email marketing: Convertkit, Drip, Mailchimp, Intercom
  • In-app notifications
  • Error and performance monitoring that you can enable in the Jumpstart admin
  • Referral programs with Rewardful
  • Shrine + Uppy as an alternative to ActiveStorage since that doesn't handle every use case well
  • Upgraded scaffolds that include sorting and probably search by default
  • Outbound webhooks from the app with retries
  • Multitenancy with something like acts_as_tentant (but probably a custom version)
  • A bunch of other ideas...

What would you guys most like to see?
Ugurcan Kaya
Chris Oliver  

• in-app notifications +1
  • email marketing +1
  •  Dark mode layout / switch. It is becoming popular so can just be standard in tailwind.config
  • Stripe Checkout. New checkout now has chargeback protection, so it may be handy for many businesses to process payments there

Will Barker
+1 Multitenancy Chris Oliver   : )

Chris Oliver
Will Barker , going to start a new thread and ask about how people envision multitenancy working.
Willard Moore
In order, I would say:
Mailchimp 
Upgraded scaffolding 
Rewards program s
Outbound webhooks

Also, frankly I would keep the forum as part of the template. 
Willard Moore
Also, when I first downloaded it, I wondered if the app name was missed in the navbar when updating the jumpstart config. But then I realized the name in the navbar was part of the logo. Personally for template purposes I would make the name actual text and not part of the logo. It’s just easier to work with out of the box. 
John Chambers
I'd most like to see: 
  1. In-app notifications
  2. Multitenancy
Darren Smyth
Perhaps adding a CAPTCHA for signing up? I have a small site but already getting some rather odd sign ups where their name is a link to other sites etc.
Alain Pilon
Captcha would be a must IMHO, next in-app notifications or messaging system.
John Chambers
Would it be worth building in a default cookie alert for people with GDPR requirements? Maybe it could be enabled/disabled in configs on setup.
Willard Moore
John Chambers  What would the experience of that be like? I can't picture what you're suggesting.
John Chambers
Hi Willard Moore , I was thinking the most basic implementation would be an "Accept Cookie" modal that could be clicked to opt-in to accepting cookies so it's it's compliant with ePrivacy Cookie Law out of the box for websites with visitors in the EU.  https://www.iubenda.com/en/help/5525-cookies-gdpr-requirements

You’ll need to show a cookie banner at the user’s first visit, implement a cookie policy and allow the user to provide consent. Prior to consent, no cookies — except for exempt cookies — can be installed

Chris Oliver
John Chambers   Willard Moore I was actually thinking about using https://cookieinfoscript.com/ but haven't got around to implementing it yet. Thoughts on that?
John Chambers
Hi Chris Oliver . I think that could be a good starting point. It's FREE! I think the rules may have become more strict since CookieInfoScript was last updated. It was previously an EU Directive but now it's a Regulation. Depending on a websites business model the text needs to be editable and there needs to be a definite "Accept/Agree button" before cookies are stored. Also I think we need to list all the cookies that are being stored and their purpose. https://www.cookiechoices.org/ I'm going to continue my research into the rules and solution options!
Chris Oliver
John Chambers  Okay cool. I don't know enough about it. We can start a new discussion for more details on how to do that one. The GDPR rails gem kind of gets into that where you're defining policies and things, it's just poorly documented and confusing. We may want something simpler.
Willard Moore
I like the idea of having that as an option for JSP to have a cookiechoices like experience. Though because it does require additional cookies and sharing with 3rd parties I don't think it is a good default behavior. Especially since they advise to add their info to your privacy policy. Is it pretty simple to create something like that for JSP? The only thing I don't know about is saving it in a cookie before a user is instantiated. After a user is created would be easy enough. 

The reason I stumbled back on this thread is because I was wondering what the plan was for Hotwire in the future with JSP. Wondering if cableready was going to be included in JSP or if the plan was to continue with ActionCable only for notifications. It looks like we have some notifications started, but I haven't gone into those too much just yet. 
adrien nhem
Support for saml with multiple provider would be amazing too. Or maybe an integration with workos. Thanks for the great work!
Notifications
You’re not receiving notifications from this thread.