We've moved discussions to Discord

Why is bootstrap in the jumpstart/app/views/application.html.erb?

William Flanagan
Hey all,

I was working on the an app today, and having a teammate look at my code. He got super confused why we weren't "using" bootstrap considering that the bootstrap JS is loaded by the application.html.erb. I'd not really looked at this before, and was a bit dumbfounded by this. 

Why is this loaded? I thought Jumpstart doesn't use bootstrap? 
John Quarto-vonTivadar
I wonder if one of the components needed it ?
John Quarto-vonTivadar
there are some bootstrap unique-ish vocabulary words; maybe do a search in your code for one of those and see which template make use of it ?
William Flanagan
Yeah, I tried, but I didn't find much. I know that Chris had implemented equivalents in CSS for things like ".btn", but that's not JS.  That's why I was curious. And, even more so, things like the modal and tooltips are already using Stimulus/Tailwind.  Anyway, any thoughts would be appreciated. 
Chris Oliver
Bootstrap is only used for the Jumpstart configuration area in dev. Bootstrap is not used for the application anywhere. 

We just needed something that was styled independently of the main JS and CSS so you could customize those independently. Eventually I'll switch to TailwindCSS from a CDN for that, but having the tabs and modals from Bootstrap was useful when we started.
William Flanagan
Thanks for the answer. 
Notifications
You’re not receiving notifications from this thread.